The Sparrow 22 is the first silencer in the world to offer the patented multi part containment (MPC) technology, which allows the Sparrow 22 to be easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance after heavy use.
Because the .22 LR round is not copper jacketed, molten lead and carbon debris will explode into the silencer when the projectile exits the muzzle. After some time, it is possible for a .22 suppressor to fill completely with lead and become heavy and ineffective. To avoid this issue, .22 silencers must be disassembled for cleaning and regular maintenance.
Until Silencerco introduced the Sparrow 22, the only .22 silencers that could be disassembled for cleaning required a cleaning every 50 to 200 rounds. However, often the components of those silencers would be fused together and unable to come apart. Competitor products on the market have baffles in their .22 silencers that must be removed by twisting the outer tube around the baffles and/or sliding the outer tube off of the baffles. When the lead and carbon debris adhere to the inner wall of the outer tube and fill the spaces between the baffles and the outer tube, there is simply too much buildup of fouling and lead to remove the outer tube in that manner.
- SPARROW 22
- CALIBER: .22 LR .17 HMR .22 MAG .22 WMR .22 Hornet™ 5.7—28 FN
- WEIGHT: 6.5 OZ
- DIAMETER: 1.062″
- LENGTH: 5.08″
- SOUND REDUCTION: 41dB
- FINISH: Black Oxide
- MATERIALS: Alloy Steel
- Heat Treated 17-4 PH Stainless Steel
- Mount: 1/2—28 threads
- FEATURES: User Serviceable Multi-Part Containment Technology
- Full Auto Rated on .22 LR
- O-Ring engagement to keep barrel threads clean and the silencer securely mounted
- Serialized outer tube is protected
- Stainless Steel is Chemical and Solvent Resistant
- Lifetime Warranty